Saturday 15 December 2012

WOW December New Releases


This week over on the WOW blog it is "New Release" week and the design team have posted some gorgeous examples that showcase some of those new pieces.

My first page is about a fun family night spent at the Adelaide Showgrounds watching the Monster Trucks, which Harrison thoroughly enjoyed. It was created using 2 of the newly released AltaMATZ's.

The background was created using the 12x12 Checkerplate 1 AltaMATZ. 
Originally, I was using it to stencil a sheet of kraft cardstock with black and brown mists. 
When I removed the AltaMATZ from the cardstock, I realized there was an excess of mist sitting on there, so rather than waste it, I grabbed another sheet of cardstock and stamped the AltaMATZ down. 
Once it was dry, I found myself loving that effect and decided to use it and keep the other cardstock for another day. 

The 6x6 Bamboo AltaMATZ was sprayed using green mist onto kraft cardstock. 
It was then cut out to be used as grass for my page.

Photobucket

I have also used Cog Corners and Detailed Cogs to embellish the page.
These chipboard pieces have been covered using Walnut Ink Crystals. I have dried them using a heat gun and then coloured them with layers of metallic inks.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Monster Trucks 2012

Photobucket


My next page features a gorgeous photo of my son taken at a look-out in Brisbane. 
I can't believe how grown up he looks here.

The newly released chipboard piece showcased here is the awesome Cog Heart.
I have used bronze, black, silver and gold embossing powders and a heat gun to create the finished look.
The Lowercase Classic Alphabet used for the title has been inked and then outlined with a gel pen.

Photobucket
Photobucket

You hold the key to my heart

Photobucket



My final page was created for a bit of Halloween fun and it captures highlights of our night out.
I've used custom cut ebony chipboard pieces, Skulls 2 and Bats
They have been rubbed with different colours of Metallic Rub to give them some highlights and then coated with Glossy Accents

Photobucket

Photobucket

Trick or Treat

Photobucket

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you have been inspired.



No comments: