Wednesday 4 September 2013

It's my WOW week!

Hello there, I am finally getting caught up on my blog, I'm sure I've lost a week of August somewhere.

So it's my turn to share some of my new creations for Words Or Whatever over on the blog this week, it only seems right that I should share them here too.
 I will have five different pages to show you, spread across the week. I hope they will give you plenty of ideas for you to try on your own projects.

Today's page is Zoo Visit
Photos are from 2010 and feature my son and his best mate.

I have used the chipboard Bamboo Tree and two of the Mini Speech Bubbles

The tree has been inked using three different shades of green and roughly coated with Dimensional Magic to help blend the colours.

 photo _DSC0141_zps227e702e.jpg


The speech bubbles were coloured using red and yellow inks and left to dry for short period. Then using a black gel been I have doodled borders around each of them and used the pen to highlight the words etched into each bubble. A coat of Dimensional Magic was applied to finish the pieces off which also helped to enhance the black pen.
 photo _DSC0139_zpsf7d6982f.jpg

 photo _DSC0142_zps25380430.jpg

Here is the finished page, love the bright colour against black cardstock, it always looks fabulous.
 photo _DSC0138v1_zps2fa74616.jpg

That's all for today, enjoy the rest of the day and remember to drop by again tomorrow for more chipboard goodness.

2 comments:

Wendy Smith said...

fantastic layout.. love how you play with chipboard

Unknown said...

Such a fun page,love the bright colours and your chipboard accents!