Sunday 14 July 2013

June He's Savvy Kit Reveal

Hey there bloggers! Welcome on this chilly Sunday morning.

Today I am sharing what I have created from the recently released but quickly 'Sold Out' He's Savvy kit from Scrapbook Savvy. 

He's savvy June

Thankfully I am currently enjoying two weeks holidays and loving the chance to scrap whenever I feel like it!
A girl could get very use to this you know.
I have put together 4 pages from this He's Savvy Kit by simply adding some extra cardstock and there is still a chance for maybe one more page. Amazing value packed into one kit!

Boys and their toys

I've used a WOW chipboard title 'Boys and their toys' covered it with Pinecone Ink and then coloured it using my favourite Metallic Rubs. The title was finished off with Glossy Accents which really highlights the rubs, loving it!
A small WOW bookplate has been crackled, gesso-ed and inked to match the page and then backed with kraft cardstock to use for a journal spot.

 photo _DSC0005_zpsbefdea54.jpg

 photo _DSC0007_zps57885abe.jpg

 photo _DSC0003_zps78efdcf7.jpg

You add a splash of colour to every day

I had SO much fun doing this page! Crafter's template, numerous colours of Distress Inks, some stamping and finally a little doodling. Think this would be my favourite page ATM. A few fuzzy embellies used from scrAp this!

 photo _DSC0001_zps08cd204d.jpg

Rocket Man

I have been patiently waiting to scrap this photo from the 2011 Clipsal 500 and finally the inspiration hit.
This page was helped along with some perfectly suited WOW chipboard pieces from the Rocket & Space pack  and the negative scrap chipboard left over from the Domino Pack

The rocket ship and planets have been covered with Distress Inks, some doodling and Kindy Glitz. The negative frame has been coved using Tattered Angels High Impact paint and backed with patterned paper.

 photo _DSC0024_zps99f76578.jpg

 photo _DSC0023_zps434e3ab1.jpg

 photo _DSC0022_zps3d73ef07.jpg

And the final page,

Always Smile

Have to tell you a little secret that I realized when doing this page. I am finding it a little hard to use plain black cardstock ATM! It's so easy with white and kraft, just being able to do whatever you like with the background. So I put this page together and was not liking the 'white space' left on the layout, so I did some random circles with a metallic red pen and Crafter's template. It doesn't show very well in the photograph but it was enough to sway me.

 photo _DSC0026_zpse7dc649b.jpg

So there you have it, 4 pages created from one kit and there are still some scraps for at least one more.
Pretty cool!

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoyed the post.

No comments: