Wednesday 12 January 2011

2 Crafty reveal - Christmas 2010

I definitely had way too much fun putting this project together and I got extremely dirty doing it, but I would not have it any other way.
And yes, I will admit now to save any speculation, there were a number of 2 Crafty chipboard pieces tortured while I was busy creating :) and I am not sorry at all mwahahaha!!

First I held down the Christmas tree and slapped it around with some gesso, once dry, I attacked it with several colours of Distress Inks, gold embossed a few swirly patterns and then the final straw, drenched it with an abundance of Crackle Accent. Said piece was then locked away as punishment for taking an extremely LONG time to dry LOL!!

Photobucket

To pass the time, I grabbed a Flourish Ornament Border and chopped into several pieces. There was no suffering, it was quick and painless, baubles in one pile, flourish in the second pile and the bow left sitting on it's own.
All the bits were inked, some were doodled and one piece was glossed over.
They were then sent to lock up to be with the tree.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Slowly, after considerable time had passed and hands were now reasonably clean, I began to put these rebellious chipboard pieces in their place!
There was some resistance at first, but once over-powered, I was well on my way to finishing my project.
Special thanks to Echo Park Paper Co collection - Merry Christmas.
Couldn't have done it without you :)

Photobucket

Must admit, I am pretty happy with my tree, actually I am loving my page and I hope it tickles your creative mind in some way.

Thanks for calling in :)

PS: Yes it is very late to be writing and yes I am slightly delirious and my brain is fuzzy, but I made myself laugh writing this post!

7 comments:

Trudi Harrison said...

Gosh Kerryn - This is absolutely amazing. The attention to detail is out of this world!

Your tree rocks

scrappin' girl said...

WOW Kerryn it is AMAZING!!!!!!

Sar said...

Awesome post chicky, and I LOVE your tree too!!

Fiona said...

Absolutely stunning Kerryn, love the tree and great idea with the baubles. Perfect!
Fiona
x

Terri said...

PMSL what a funny post!!
Fabulous work hun

Linda said...

That is just stunning,Kerryn! I wish I had your patience!

ann said...

Oh wow how cool !!!!